Thursday, September 18, 2008

Photo Exploration #1: Nature and Geometry

18 September 2008 copyrights Eki Akhwan

As I said in the previous post, I feel that it was necessary for a photographer or photography enthusiast to keep honing his/her sensitivity to the visual stimuli around him/her. One way to do it is by always having a camera at his/her disposal and exploring the environment closest to him/her, e.g. home, place of work, the streets he/she passes by everyday, etc.

Our daily environments may look ordinary and uninteresting because we are so used to them. However, if we really look and observe, I am sure there are a lot of hidden visual treasures that we can discover. Here is the first of what I hope to be a series of regular posts on this blog of my visual exploration of the near and ordinary - of places that I pass and see everyday.

These windows and the glowing leaves of "ketapang" tree in front of my office complex got my attention one sunny afternoon. The first thing that moved me about this scene was the glowing leaves and the hard shadows that fell on the glass windows. It's an intinctive shot. I like the rigid geometric lines of both the windows and the shadows and the "flowing" natural lines of the leaves. I explored the scene from different angles, trying to find the best composition I could get that combine the natural beauty and the beauty of the geometric lines. This photograph has one of the angles that I think best captured my vision of harmony between nature and nurture, that of leaves and tree branches and the man-made architectural geometry.

Text and picture copyrights ©Eki Qushay Akhwan, all rights reserved.

No comments:

© Copyrights
Unless otherwise stated, the articles and photos in this blog are the copyright property of Eki Qushay Akhwan. All rights reserved. You may NOT republish any of them in any forms without prior permission in writing from Eki Qushay Akhwan.

Kecuali disebutkan secara khusus, hak cipta atas tulisan dan karya foto di dalam blog ini ada pada Eki Qushay Akhwan. Dilarang mempublikasi ulang artikel dan/atau karya foto di dalam blog ini dalam bentuk apapun tanpa izin tertulis dari Eki Qushay Akhwan.