Friday, July 16, 2010

Medina

It's been a while since I last posted in this blog. My apology.

I continue taking and making pictures, of course. After all, that's about one of the things that keeps me ticking. Some of those pictures are good, some bad, some taken seriously, some only lightly at the gut's urge of the moment. Some I proudly share with you here and here. But there are countless others that I keep for myself, sitting in the dark corners of my harddisks.

Today I decided to share some photographs that I have - for the past three months or so - kept for myself. I took them in Medina on our Umrah pilgrimage.

Instead of taking the usual pictures of the beautiful Islamic architectures or documenting what were doing or the places we visited, I decided to observe and make pictures of the ordinary, the stuff that many call the street photography.

Here is the first installment from the city of Medina, the first city we visited on our umrah after Jeddah, the port of entry.









12 comments:

A said...

Your blog has been recommended to us as a interviewee's favorite blog!
We would like to do an interview with you about your blog for Blog
Interviewer. We'd
like to give you the opportunity to
give us some insight on the "person behind the blog."
It would just take a few minutes of your time. The interview form can
be submitted online here Submit your interview.
Best regards,
Mike Thomas

bagyojose said...

nice info...

Budi said...

its remind me to the beautiful moment...at Madinah..,

http://budiuzie.wordpress.com

Faarihin said...

Salam..
ziarah di sini..
nice shoot.. (^__^)

aLamathuR d'hileudjapanist II said...

kalo tampilan blur pada foto yang pertama itu memang disengaja atau gimana mas? fokusnya itu ke menaranya ya?

tukangpoto said...

Foto-fotonya asik,kang..menampilkan keseharian di sana..tapi kayaknya panas ya..

manado said...

Oh, good ol' memories of black and white. It's a nice decision to present them and black and white. It reminds me of the greatness of the past, or may I say heavenly peace?

HAYAZIDIE said...

saya newbie baru mulai belajar fotografi mohon kiranya dikala senggang memberikan masukan atas jepretan2 amatir saya di http://www.hz3k-photograph.blogspot.com

uungferi said...

nice blog,... nice foto,.... salam dari nubiee

Ramadhona Saville said...

great pictures!

endri cahyo saputro said...

memang bener ya, foto bercerita lebih presisi dari rangkaian kata...
keren gan...

Anonymous said...

Dem..u r a really lucky Man Kang..
yeah would've done this too if I were you :D ...sayangnya keduluaaan..hihihi..Selamet ah..

© Copyrights
Unless otherwise stated, the articles and photos in this blog are the copyright property of Eki Qushay Akhwan. All rights reserved. You may NOT republish any of them in any forms without prior permission in writing from Eki Qushay Akhwan.

Kecuali disebutkan secara khusus, hak cipta atas tulisan dan karya foto di dalam blog ini ada pada Eki Qushay Akhwan. Dilarang mempublikasi ulang artikel dan/atau karya foto di dalam blog ini dalam bentuk apapun tanpa izin tertulis dari Eki Qushay Akhwan.